Thursday 14 April 2016

Stars Above by Marissa Meyer (Review)

Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
Published in January 2016. | My rating: ★★★★

Stars Above is an addition to The Lunar Chronicles, in form of a bunch of novellas (6 to be precise). You’ll get to read about Cinder’s transformation to cyborg, why Winter is the way she is, and how Wolf became one of Levana’s super-soldiers, among other things.
It was a great addition to the series, and honestly, I can’t get enough of this world, so my review might not be very objective. The whole retelling of fairy tales + sci-fi setting is still and will always be everything I could ever wish for. I also love Meyer’s writing, and she pulled of short-stories just as well as she writes books.

Naturally, I couldn’t love every story, and while they were great, I found The Queen's Army and The Little Android a little dull, (although I loved to read Meyer's retelling of The Little Mermaid) and those are what brought Stars Above down a notch.


So, to get to the point. I definitely recommend Stars Above to anyone who loved The Lunar Chronicles. It’s emotional and I cried, which is the point of reading, isn't it?













No comments:

Post a Comment