Saturday 13 February 2016

Fairest by Marissa Meyer (Review)

Fairest by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles 3.5)
Published January 27th 2015. | My rating: ★★★★☆


Fairest is the book about Levana, the villain in The Lunar Chronicles, which is an amazing series, I might add. We get to know her as a teenage girl in the shadow of her older sister, Channary. Levana is a headstrong character, I must give her that. She’s determined, she’s smart, and she’s ruthless. She makes a good ruler, I suppose. Absolutely evil, but that’s what made this book so interesting to read. I don’t think I’ve read a book from the villain’s POV before, so I was thrilled to see where this would be going. Usually while reading, I sympathy with the main character at some level. After all it’s like I’m in their head and see things as they see them. However, this was an expectation, and I’m so excited about that!
I still haven’t read Winter, the conclusion to this series, so  I’m glad I still don’t like Levana. I want her down, so I hope this series will have a happy ending. And after all, it’s a retelling of fairy tales, so it will be happy, right?  Anyway, I’m so excited to read Winter knowing all these things about Levana.


I really loved reading this book. It’s fast-paced, which I really like. All characters had such depth, especially Levana, but also her sister and her love interest. While I still don’t sympathy with her in the slightest, I understand her and her intentions, and oh my god do I love that.

If you like The Lunar Chronicles, don’t hesitate to read Fairest, it makes everything so much more interesting.

Bokus.com | Adlibris.se


No comments:

Post a Comment